Kandy Grammar School
"Dedicate To Academic Excellence"
"We strive for children to attain their full potential to develop as caring responsible creative individuals."
We do this by:
1. Providing a nurturing environment where children can learn and explore without fear or criticism.
2. Teachers having the highest expectations for pupil’s behaviour an academic success.
3. Provision of a curriculum that is stimulating and meets the needs of our children.
4. Raising children’s awareness of a wider world and preparing them for the multicultural society to which they will belong.
5. Giving children a voice enabling them to talk to adults if they have concerns/problems.
6. Working with Parents and the community to provide the very best opportunities to achieve emotional and academic success.
We achieve this by:
1. Providing a safe, well resourced and stimulating school environment.
2. Understanding children’s innate curiosity and the part this plays in the learning process.
3. Teachers being aware of different learning styles of individual children.
4. Setting of stimulating and challenging activities
5. Matching work to the different abilities needs and interests of children.
6. Providing a range of excellent adult support when needed.
7. Involving students in setting personal targets.
8. The teaching of skills and knowledge to further develop learning.
9. Encouraging children to question and explore outcomes.
10. Developing consistent strategies to maintain positive behaviour in classrooms and in all other areas of the school.
Through these approaches we strive for every child regardless of gender, race, background or physical capability
to learn to the best of his/her ability. We understand that the key to success is the quality of teaching and learning experiences they take part in and on the relationship between staff pupil and carers. With our focus on positive relationships our pupils self esteem is nurtured and they are provided with an excellent base on which to learn, where their input is valued and developed sensitively.
Designed By : Mrs.Malini Ranasinghe
former principal of K.G.S
Developed By : Tharindu Rajapaksha
of Information Sciences
a subsidiary of Kandy Grammar School
Copyrights © 2016 Kandy Grammar School
Kandy Grammar School
This website was
School Office:(+94)81 223 6771
Senior School & Junior School:(+94)81 223 6772
(+94)81 223 6771
Primary School:(+94)81 222 4301
Infant School:(+94)81 220 0638